IQHQ’s Tracy Murphy on Life Sciences Real Estate – Commercial Property Manager
The company’s co-founder and president shares his views on the industry’s outlook, a landmark project and a ramp-up in this booming field.
Tracy Murphy has contributed significantly to the rapid growth of one of the fastest growing specialties in commercial real estate. As the co-founder and president of IQHQ observes, “I was into life science real estate before it was cool.”
Murphy brings her experience as a pioneering executive at BioMed Realty and Kilroy Realty to her leadership role at the San Diego-based life sciences developer and investor.
In this conversation, Murphy offers perspective on the complex factors that shape this category. How is venture capital shaping up for life science end users today? Will demand for new products continue at the current rate? Which markets offer the most attractive investment opportunities?
Along the way, the executive also offers compelling insight into her journey to the top of one of commercial real estate‘s youngest and fastest growing asset classes.
Highlights of the conversation:
- Key Driving Trends in Life and Development Sciences (2:52)
- RaDD, a landmark San Diego redevelopment where “lifestyle meets life science” (5:06)
- The Path to Leadership Roles at Three Great Investor-Developers (7:09)
- Challenges – and Progress – in Expanding Women’s Presence in Life Sciences Real Estate (11:35)
- Where to find the most powerful hubs and rising stars in the industry (16:36)
- Is overbuilding a concern? (19:07)
Be sure to follow CPE’s podcasts on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!