Humboldt’s Bay fire gives details]Apartment building fire in Eureka – Red-haired black belt
At approximately 4:10 p.m., firefighters were dispatched to the 2200 block of Fairfield Road in Eureka. Upon arrival, they discovered an apartment with light flames and smoke.
Remember that this story is unfolding. Information is communicated as and when we collect it. However, some information from witnesses and initial official reports may be incorrect. We will do our best to get the facts but, in the event that anything is wrong, we will update with correct information as soon as possible.
UPDATE 4:20 p.m.: The fire is under control, reports the Incident Commander. Additional resources are requested.
UPDATE 4:27 pm: Humboldt Bay Fire commented on their video above: “Crews have gained control of fire, primary searches are clear and utilities have been secured. “
UPDATE 5:55 p.m .: Humboldt Bay Fire spokeswoman Amy Conlin told us the fire was isolated from the original apartment. The Red Cross rescued the two occupants of the apartment. “However, everyone is back in their apartment with the power restored,” Conlin said.
“The original room is completely destroyed and [there is] extensive smoke damage in the kitchen and living room, ”she explained.
Conlin said the cause was an accidental electrical fire from a short circuit.