Commercial buildings will continue to lead the plumbing market behind the wall
CLEVELAND, June 2, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Healthy gains in commercial building construction spending from depressed levels from the COVID-19 pandemic will be a key driver of behind-the-wall plumbing demand growth through 2025, according to a report. new analysis from the Freedonia Group:
- Commercial buildings account for the majority of behind-the-wall plumbing demand, largely due to the extensive fire suppression systems that are typically required in the vast majority of non-residential structures.
- Demand in this segment plummeted between 2019 and 2020 as COVID-19 restrictions caused many restaurants and retail establishments to close, creating a large inventory of empty commercial space and hampering the construction of new buildings .
- While commercial building construction remained depressed in 2021, it is expected to rebound in 2022 and continue to grow through 2025, driving demand in plumbing-intensive structures such as offices, hospitals, hotels and residences for the elderly, etc.
Increased construction of assisted living facilities to support commercial market growth
Another key driver of behind-the-wall plumbing spending in the commercial market, according to the analysis, will be the growing construction of new assisted living facilities to support an aging US population. These structures require large amounts of plumbing products behind the wall:
- Many facilities have both large central kitchens (for communal meals) and separate kitchens in the self-contained living units, requiring the installation of multiple main distribution lines and DWVs.
- Bathrooms in these facilities have a large number of special fixtures (such as adjustable showerheads or toilets with raised seats), which often require additional sections of pipe or fittings to connect to plumbing lines.
- Many senior living complexes are all on one floor; these widespread layouts equates to more (and more) pipes needed to connect to water and sewer lines.
You want to know more ?
plumbing behind the wall, now available from The Freedonia Group, provides historical data for 2010, 2015, 2019, 2020, and 2021 and forecast to 2022, 2025, and 2030 for the value and unit behind Wall Plumbing Products demand by product, application and market. The study also identifies leading vendors in key product segments and examines factors affecting the marketing and distribution of behind-the-wall plumbing products in the United States.
The products concerned by this study are:
- pipe (plastic and metal)
- fittings (tees, elbows, fittings, pipe hangers, other fittings)
- fire sprinklers
Applications for behind-the-wall plumbing products are:
- fire extinguishing systems
- drain, waste and vent (DWV)
- radiant floor systems
About Freedonia Group – The Freedonia Group, a division of MarketResearch.com, is the leading international industry research company, providing our clients with product analysis, market forecasts, industry trends and market share information. From individual consulting firms to global conglomerates, our analysts provide companies with unbiased and trusted industry research and market analysis to help them make important business decisions. With over 100 studies published each year, we support over 90% of Fortune 500 industrial companies. Find ready-to-use studies at https://www.freedoniagroup.com or contact us for a custom search: + 1 440.842.2400.
SOURCE The Freedonia Group